Friday, September 5, 2014

A New Start

Life got kind of crazy and I haven’t written on here for practically a year. 
   One day while I was admiring blogs and commenting on how cool it was that they were putting their work out there I realized I’d been neglecting my own blog. Even though I look back at posts and cringe at the amount of mistakes I made, I also look back and feel proud. Proud of what I’d accomplish my senior year of High School. I may have failed to write daily or post the greatest content in the world, but I produced something. I started a blog with my own work about something I was passionate about. I don’t know why I quit writing, because it made me happy and feel accomplished. Maybe it was the lack of support from my family and friends or the expectations to succeed academically my senior year, but for whatever the reason I'd forgotten why I started it in the first place. 
     I signed up to blogspot so I could have somewhere to express my opinions without the need of approval from my teachers and peers. I had a fashion column in the school magazine, but it had to be regulated so no one was offended. But on here I could openly express my thoughts and feelings without the fear of an F or an angry mob of tribal print, too tight crop trop, ugg wearing teenage girls. 

     From tutus paired with leather jackets in middle school to homemade dresses in High School I was always craving fashion more than the acceptance of others. Wearing what I wanted made me unique, but it also made me feel like an outcast. Even my own friends would sometimes comment negatively on my choice of clothing. This blog was supposed to be a place I could express myself via fashion and I left it to rot in cyber space. 
    Basically what I’m saying is, I’m back and better than ever. I can’t promise every post is going to be a work of art or even interesting, but it’s mine. And I’m excited for a new start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment